5 years ago · Leah Fogt · Comments Off on April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Being the best parent you can be involves taking steps to strengthen your family and finding support when you need it. Parenting isn’t something you have to do alone. When you have the knowledge, skills, and resources you need, you can raise a happy, healthy child.
By working together as a community, we all can play a part in promoting children’s emotional well-being and strengthening families.
Visit https://www.childwelfare.gov/preventing/preventionmonth/ to find out more about:
- Programs that support parents and promote healthy families
- Tip sheets with parenting strategies
- Easy activities to enhance parent-child relationships
- The 19th Annual Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Warning signs of abuse or neglect
- Ways to get involved in abuse prevention efforts
If you believe a child is being abused or neglected, don’t wait! Report your concerns to your county’s Child Protective Services organization.
- Butler County Children’s Services 1-800-325-2685
- Warren County Children’s Services: M-F 8:00-5:00 call 513-695-1546 or 513-695-153; After hours, weekends and holidays 513-695-1600
Categories: Awareness and News