Credentials and Training:
- Masters in Social Work from The Ohio State University with concentration in Clinical Social Work
- Bachelors of Arts in Social Work from The Catholic University of America
- Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervisory Designation in the State of Ohio
- Certified Trauma Specialist with the National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children
- Certified EMDR Therapist with the EMDR International Association
- Affiliated with: The National Association of Social Workers, The National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children, The EMDR International Association, The National Catholic School of Social Service Alumni Association, The Ohio State University College of Social Work Alumni Society
My psychotherapy experience includes community mental health work as a staff psychotherapist for adults, children, and adolescents, as well as group therapy facilitator. I am well-versed in a variety of treatment modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Structured Sensory Interventions, Solution Focused Brief Treatment, Psychodynamic interventions, Narrative Therapy, and Trauma-Focused CBT.
In addition to standard “talk therapy” approaches, I implement a number of interactive interventions in my practice including art and expressive therapies, bibliotherapy, therapeutic writing, mindfulness strategies, and experiential interventions.
I am also very proud to offer EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy, a therapy many of my clients prefer over other approaches due to its efficacy and rapid results. To learn more about EMDR, please click HERE.
Other related skills include crisis intervention and risk assessment, case management, and resource advocacy.